Monday 9 January 2012

"Organised chaos"

Happy Monday!

For the record, I hate Mondays, with an indescribable passion. But United did win yesterday so at least I avoided the standard post-loss ribbing in the Juice office. It was a dark day after THAT 6-1 result...

This past weekend I mostly walked the dog - Waterhall and Wild Park if you fancy a cheeky stalk. Also DJ'd at Charles Street Saturday night - big hello to the 60 year old couple who were loving the electro-house. I'm changing the playlist for my nan's 80th...

So today on the show we were joined once again by Loz for his Sporting Briefs. I realised today that I have never, in a good 6 months of the feature, EVER got a football prediction correct. Not even the score, but the RESULT. The Albion had a tricky 1-1 draw in the FA Cup 3rd round, which means a tense replay away at Wrexham. Can think of nicer places to go... Skegness is a treat at this time of year. Listen again here:


My new Record of the Week is David Guetta. Now before you cringe/sigh/dance, let me tell you he's teamed up with Sia who has the voice of an angel - an ANGEL I tell ya. 'Titanium' is brilliant, and any texts we had claiming otherwise were deleted immediately.

That monkey never fails to terrify me.
Today is also National Tidy Your Desk Day. My desk is far and away the most disgusting desk at Juice towers, but it's a mess I'm strangely proud of. When Linda the cleaner tries to 'organise' (which she does, regularly) I'm like a dog protecting my most beloved bone. We asked that the honorable citizens of Brighton choose the most random and pointless item on their desk, remove it and donate it to charity.

Incapable of parting with anything on my desk, I left it up to producer Jonno to find my item. He found 3 - an orange crystal ball object, some coco pops and my Juice award circue 2009 for Best Interview. Twas' Alan Carr talking about how to find him in a nightclub (hanging round the toilets smelling of poppers apparently).

Listener charity donations included a photo of a cheating ex girlfriend, a pigs-head clock from a butchers, and an A4 poster of David Dickinson, complete with orange coloring in. Oxfam will be happy.


Tomorrow I'll be popping into the Breakfast Show just after 9 for some film-related news and gossip before James Tully from the Odeon cinema joins me on Juice Daytime for the Film Forum, giving us a rundown of the big movies out at the moment and new releases this week.

See you then!
Jonesy x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loz is great ! He really makes me laugh and i'm sure a little bit of we came out today !