Friday 13 January 2012

Who's the killer in Friday the 13th?

So, Friday the 13th (cue creepy music)!

George Michael. Yep 13 letters.
Explains a lot.
Did you know that if 13 people sit down for dinner together, one will die within a year? Luckily I only have 5 friends, PHEW! Also, if you have 13 letters in your name, you will get 'the devil's luck'. Sounds fun! I have 12 letters in mine which I think gives me "god's luck" no?

Today on Juice Daytime we talked bizarre superstitions. Personally, I can only have the volume in my car on an even number, as I've convinced myself an odd number will cause me to crash. Tim Fusciardi on twitter has a similar fixation with his digital air con in the car - only allowing it to be whole number, not 0.5s.

Friday the 13th also gave me an excuse to play a clip from one of my favourite movie scenes ever - the opening to Scream. "Who's the killer in Friday the 13th?" No Drew you FOOL, it was his mother, DUH. It's a scene that spawned a gazillion rip-offs and mock-offs, but surely the best and most famous is...



Loz popped in for Sporting Briefs, which included the news on Aamir Khan's rematch with Lamont Peterson after the judges allowed an 'outside person' to talk to them during the fight. My money's on Eubank, he gets about.

Get a haircut for god's sake man
The overall verdict on my Record of the week is as follows: brilliant. David Guetta and Sia have created a genius dance song in the form of "Titanium". We did, however, talk about the awkwardness of the G man. Despite being (officially) the number 1 DJ in the world, he is also SURELY the most embarrassing.

You know when your Uncle gets drunk at a wedding, and gets behind the booth 'pretending' to DJ? Yep, that's the look David Guetta has got down to a fine art.


That's all for this week. I've got my Birthday party tomorrow night, hats & glasses theme, and I'll be reporting on it with incriminating photos on Monday. Next week on the show my Album of the Week is the Maccabees new one, so tune in if you fancy winning a copy.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Jonesy x

No comments: