Thursday 5 January 2012

Look into my eyes, not around the eyes. Oh wait, I'm on the radio...

Morning you! So we've started this here blog thing in an attempt to be all tech-savvy and "2012".

This is the place to be if you want to find out what's going on in the world of Juice Daytime with Jonesy - recaps, best bits and the all-important "behind the scenes" extra gossip that we couldn't talk about on the show!

The big story of yesterday, 4th January, was our celebration of National Hypnotism Day. I managed to convince myself that I could hypnotise Brighton live on-air into becoming seagulls for a few beautiful seconds. I failed, miserably, although one anonymous text did say that "it worked, I just grabbed chips out a child's hands". I called the police. Thanks to GENUINE hypnotherapist Julie James from JJhypnotherapy.com who educated us as to how it's really done, whilst revealing the most bizarre phobia she has "cured" was a fear of Buttons. Cinderella made a full recovery. 



Also yesterday, we continued our look at the Album of the Week: The Saturdays "On Your Radar", and I played their tune with Travie McCoy "The Way That You Watch Me". Despite sounding like a creepy peeping tom's anthem, it was actually rather good. I'm still undecided if the girls are starkers on the album cover or maybe there were panties involved? I'll leave it to your imagination!
   
Also rather good is my Record of the Week. Yasmin is back, and she's done the whole "featuring" thing with not one but TWO artists in the form of Ms Dynamite and Shy FX. General consensus so far is that Brighton is loving the Yas. Good things await in 2012...

On today's show, we'll be celebrating another wacky day in the form of National Bird Day as we test your knowledge of bird song in our genius quiz "Name That Bird".

No comments: