Thursday 12 January 2012

Gaga does darts, David Beckham for Prime Minister

Bizarre, embarrassing or unexpected hobbies - we all have 'em. Take Lady Gaga for example. Two months after discovering her and the new boyf' like going to shooting ranges (they're American remember) we discovered today her love of darts. And she's a dab hand to - entering leagues in California.

"I'm knitting, but its MANLY knitting"
We also found out that Emma Watson plays Hockey and Angelina Jolie is a mean kick boxer. Listeners also fessed up - sweet and innocent Jo from Bevendean loves German metal group Rammstein, whilst brick layer Paul is partial to a spot of knitting. I, believe or not, regularly play badminton (twice in ten years to be precise). Last night's game ended a tad awkwardly though. I spilled some water on the court, and in the absence of a towel, decided the best way to mop it up would be with my shorts - by sliding my bum along the court in full view of about 20 shocked players. Genius.


A poll today revealed the public's top choices for British celebrity Prime Ministers. 3rd was Joanna Lumley, 2nd was Jeremy Clarkson (popular with protesters) and #1 was everyone's favourite dinner party guest, HRH Stephen Fry. Bizarrely, Hugh Grant made the top 10 (some obviously thinking he did such a fine job in Love Actually) as did David Beckham, who probably can't even spell parlimant parliment  parliament. Popular choices by text and twitter including Harry Redknap (Spurs fan), David Jason and Carol Vordeman, which was Producer Jonno's suggestion - he has a bizarre borderline-obsessive fondness of her.

Carol sums up everyone's views on the government
Off-air today, I'm in a quandary that every masculine guy goes through at least once a month - what on earth to wear Saturday night!? Difficulty being I'm having a partay for my Birthday (for the purposes of this blog, let's say I'm turning 21), and having set the theme as "hats and glasses" I feel under pressure to deliver a knock-out outfit. If I turn up in a wooley hat and shades, I'm going to look like a lazy con-artist.

Rummaging through Revamp yesterday, in a moment of genius/madness, I desired to hire a chain-mail head piece, clearly not thinking it through (does it even COUNT as a hat?). I now have nothing BUT the chain mail, and no outfit. I'm thinking if i spray paint some jeans silver, I might get away with it. Apparently it could sink through and into my skin so I could end up looking  like a cyborg for a few days, which could be fun.

Ideas on a postcard?

And I leave you with possibly the greatest darts match ever - well worth watching...



Awhhh, if only darts was really like that, I might actually tune in.

Jonesy x

No comments: