Wednesday 12 December 2012

It's been a while...

Well hello stranger!

Where on earth have you been?!

To be fair, it's not you, it's me... I kept meaning to get round to doing a blog, then completely forgot to do one, then when I remembered, I'd forgotten my password.

NOB.

Well I'm backkkk. Lucky you. So what in the hell have I been doing for the past 9 months?

Well, Shakedown Festival 2012 totally happened. I stupidly convinced myself that this year would be easier and far less stressful but alas, it was just as strenuous. The upside of that is it was just as gratifying to see almost 20,000 off their face raving vaguely in rhythm. It's a beautiful site to behold, and one that makes me feel very proud indeed.


We'll be tweaking a couple of things for 2013 - namely the dance tent situation and making sure there's enough indoor raving space for one and all - and we've already started booking acts. Should be a corker - more info in the new year.

The other main change in my life recently has been on the radio side of things; after 6 years at Juice, I decided to (temporarily) give up my Z-list celebrity status and leave. Why you ask? To be honest, after 6 years of fun and frolics and borderline-offensive radio, I felt like I'd gone as far as I could go. I'd sat happily on the lunchtime show for almost 4 years, I could never do a Breakfast Show (5am starts do not appeal) and so it felt like the right time.

Plus, there's been other things I've wanted to do for a while that I haven't been able to whilst trying to juggle Juice and Shakedown.

And so, to the future...

Once I get bored of laughing at the social repribates on Jeremy Kyle, I've got some exciting plans for 2013.


First off, I'm going to be helping run the promotional side of things for some other local events and festival-type things. I'm blessed to have learned an awful lot from starting Shakedown, so hopefully I can use that to help other events be even more successful.

I've also got some stuff in the pipeline with Latest TV. If you haven't heard, Latest TV won the rights to host a Brighton-based regional digital TV station from Summer 2013 on Channel ruddy 8! Looks like I'll be hosting a couple of shows so maybe, just maybe, I can leap up to that hallowed Y-list status by this time next year.

I'll have a brand spanking new website to show you all very soon, and in the meantime, here's a picture of me, straight off the sex offenders list:


I'm laughing INTERNALLY. I'd thoroughly recommend it

Much Love
Jonesy xxx

No comments: